These homemade sloppy joes are truly the best version of a childhood favorite! And the best part? They are made in the crockpot so you can literally dump it and go–this is the perfect dinner for a busy night!
With school starting back up, I’ve really been making sure I have some recipes planned that the whole family will happily eat.
They have to be easy and something I can toss together in just minutes. Crockpot meals are such a great way to get a quick and easy meal on the table — and this sloppy joe recipe is one that the whole family will love! Comfort food at its finest.
I served these with brioche buns, but you can use any kind (or none at all) that you like. I highly recommend serving with mac & cheese or my low carb loaded mashed cauliflower.
Can I make low carb crockpot sloppy joes?
You can easily make this crockpot sloppy joes recipe a low carb dish. You will want to substitute the following ingredients:
- 1 can tomato soup with 1 cup of your favorite low carb pasta sauce + 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup ketchup with 1/2 cup sugar-free ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar with 2 tablespoons brown sugar sweetener
I hope you enjoy this easy crockpot sloppy joes recipe as much as our little tribe has over the years!
Crockpot Sloppy Joes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef , (I use ButcherBox)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 sweet peppers, chopped
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 brioche hamburger buns, optional for serving
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Place the ground beef in the pan and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 6-8 minutes, breaking up the meat with a spatula.
- Add the chopped onion and peppers and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Place the beef mixture in the slow cooker along with the tomato soup, ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir to combine the ingredients.
- Cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 6 hours.
- Spoon the meat onto the brioche hamburger buns then serve.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag thetastefultribe on instagram @thetastefultribe if you try this crockpot sloppy joes recipe. We love seeing your version of the recipe! You can also post your pictures to our facebook page!