This recipe for buffalo chicken bowls is perfect for those busy weeknights when you don’t have the time to cook, but want a delicious and nutritious meal on the table. These flavorful bowls are easy to customize and a guaranteed dinner winner!
Get ready for your new favorite busy weeknight dinner! These buffalo chicken bowls have easily become a favorite in our house. They are super flavorful, easy to make, and easily customizable for even the pickiest of eaters. Packed with flavor, protein, and nutrients, these bowls are a perfect balance of convenience and nutrition.
As a busy mom and teacher, finding ways to serve balanced and nutritious meals to my family is always a top priority. That’s why I’ve become obsessed with grain bowls–they’re versatile, packed with wholesome ingredients, and incredibly satisfying.
This buffalo chicken bowl recipe has to be one of our absolute favorite bowl recipes. We like to use quinoa in this dish, but you could serve this deliciousness with any kind of rice, or even cauliflower rice. This dish not only checks all the boxes for a well-rounded meal, but it’s also incredibly delicious and easy to make.
And there’s sweet potato puffs involved, which also happens to be my kids’ favorite part of this yummy bowl. You definitely don’t need to include them in your buffalo chicken bowls, but we highly recommend doing so. Get ready to add this incredibly nutritious and satisfying buffalo chicken bowl to the weekly rotation.
why your family will love buffalo chicken bowls
- Balanced Nutrition – These bowls are not only delicious but also packed with good-for-you nutrients. The chicken provides lean protein, while the mixed greens, tomatoes, and cucumbers offer a dose of vitamins and minerals. Additionally, adding quinoa or brown rice to the bowls provides complex carbohydrates for sustained energy.
- Bursting with Flavor – Buffalo chicken is known for its bold and tangy flavor. The combination of buffalo sauce, garlic, and spices adds a delightful kick to the dish, making it a favorite among those who enjoy a little heat in their meals.
- Versatility – With these bowls, you can easily adjust the spice level to suit your family’s taste preferences. Also feel free to get wild with your toppings! Avocado, corn, black beans, or even french fries would all be great additions.
- Quick and Easy – With minimal prep time and simple cooking techniques, you can have a wholesome meal on the table in no time at all. Plus, the use of store-bought sweet potato puffs adds a fun and convenient twist to these buffalo chicken bowls.
- Family-Friendly – This recipe is designed to please the whole family. The combination of familiar ingredients like pan-seared chicken (you can leave out the buffalo sauce for your little ones!) and tater tot sweet potato puffs, along with the customizable toppings, ensure that even picky eaters will find something to enjoy.
To make this easy and delicious buffalo chicken grain bowls recipe you’ll need a few ingredients that you can get at almost any grocery store or even online!
Here’s what we are working with:
for the buffalo chicken
- chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized cubes
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- smoked paprika
- buffalo sauce
for the bowls
- quinoa or rice
- romaine lettuce
- cherry tomatoes
- green onion
- blue cheese crumbles
- ranch dressing
- sweet potato puffs
how to make buffalo chicken bowls
Prepare the chicken: Cut into bite sized pieces and place into a bowl; drizzle over olive oil and seasonings, stir to coat the chicken.
Heat a skillet over medium heat. Once skillet is hot, add the chicken to it. Cook 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown on all sides and cooked through (165 degrees F internal temperature).
Add the buffalo sauce to the skillet, stir well to coat the chicken; cook an additional 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and set skillet aside.
Assemble the bowls: Divide the quinoa, or your preferred grain into 4 bowls. Top each bowl with your choice of toppings. Add a handful of sweet potato puffs to each bowl if using, and drizzle with ranch dressing if desired. Enjoy!
can I meal prep buffalo chicken bowls?
YES! This grain bowl recipe makes one incredible and nutritionally balanced meal prep! Grain bowls are my favorite to meal prep! This buffalo chicken recipe is easy, low carb, and loaded with nutrition and serious flavor. You will want to divide the bowl ingredients into 4 meal prep containers and get ready for one delicious week of prepped lunches!
can I reheat buffalo chicken bowls?
These buffalo chicken bowls do not need to be reheated which is great if you don’t have access to a microwave at work. However, to reheat the bowls simply place the salad ingredients on the lid and heat up the chicken in the microwave. Hot or cold, these buffalo chicken bowls are a fabulous meal prep option!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. It’s definitely one of those recipes worth saving. There’s nothing better than having what looks and tastes like a gourmet meal on the table, but one that saves you time behind the scenes.
Please leave us a star review and comment if you make this family loved recipe.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free leave them below. I answer every single question as quickly as I can.
Happy cooking! And thanks for being part of our tribe, The Tasteful Tribe!
Buffalo Chicken Bowls (Quick and Easy Balanced Meal)
- LCLow Carb
- SFSugar Free
for the buffalo chicken
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and pepper , to taste
for the bowls – pick your preferred toppings
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, rice, or cauliflower rice, cooked according to package instructions
- 3-4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup cucumber, cut into rounds
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- ranch dressing, optional, for serving
- sweet potato puffs, cooked according to package instructions, optional for serving
- Prepare the chicken: Cut into bite sized pieces and place into a bowl; drizzle over olive oil and seasonings, stir to coat the chicken.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Once skillet is hot, add the chicken to it. Cook 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown on all sides and cooked through (165 degrees F internal temperature).
- Add the buffalo sauce to the skillet, stir well to coat the chicken; cook an additional 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and set skillet aside.
- Assemble the bowls: Divide the quinoa, or your preferred grain and buffalo chicken into 4 bowls. Top each bowl with your choice of toppings. Add a handful of sweet potato puffs to each bowl if using, and drizzle with ranch dressing if desired. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag thetastefultribe on instagram @thetastefultribe if you try this buffalo chicken and quinoa bowl recipe. We love seeing your version of the recipe! You can also post your pictures to our facebook page!