This Chipotle Honey Salmon is the perfect blend of sweet and spice that makes for an easy, healthy dinner. The same spices are then added to carrots which create a dynamic duo of flavor and texture. Fire up that broiler! These salmon fillets are coated with a smoky, chipotle sauce along with the carrots and then roasted on the same sheet pan. The flavor combination here will have your taste buds craving more!
The magical blend
There is something so satisfying about the chipotle honey blend for me. It’s like the best of both worlds in every bite. And the best part? It pairs well with just about anything! Salmon? Perfect. Carrots? Amazing. Think about any form of protein or veggie and then that special marriage of chipotle and honey. It just works! Here’s what you need to achieve that magical dust:
Now that you know my secret ingredients for the most amazing combination of flavors applicable to all the things, let’s talk about that salmon!
Where to get the best salmon?
I get my wild caught salmon from Butcher Box. It’s my favorite salmon by far. You can tell it is amazing quality. Also, love that it comes delivered right to my doorstep. One less trip to the grocery store always helps! It comes frozen and individually packaged, but tastes so incredibly fresh. It’s super easy to thaw and prepare when it comes to meal prep. ButcherBox salmon comes with the skin on which we are huge fans of although you can absolutely opt for skinless salmon filets for this recipe.
Listen, the first time we stumbled across carrot “fries” I practically laughed in that little carrot’s face. There’s no way that carrots could convince me that they are now fries. Well, I totally and literally ate my own words. Depending on how you do this thing (and I promise this recipe, this thing is a phenomenal one) then you might even cross over to the other side, like I have myself a few times, where you prefer these to an actual…dare I say it… French fry!
How can I make this recipe low carb?
While in itself this recipe is great for a low carb diet. If following a keto diet, carrots can be eaten, but in smaller quantities because they are higher in sugar than leafy greens. You can also replace the honey in this recipe with a maple syrup sweetener.
Can I meal prep chipotle honey salmon and carrot fries sheet pan meal?
While I have not tried this as a meal prep, I generally would not recommend reheating seafood. I think this would be a fabulous meal prep if you changed up the protein to chicken, beef, or tofu!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and combination of flavors as much as our little tribe has. Be sure to share your recipe @thetastefultribe on Instagram. I can’t wait to see and hear how yours turns out!
Chipotle Honey Salmon and Carrot Fries Sheet Pan Meal
- LCLow Carb
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 whole carrots, sliced into fries
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- ½ tablespoon Chipotle Chili Powder, more or less according to heat preference
- ¼ cup honey, or maple syrup sweetener
- 1 lime , zest
- salt and pepper , to taste
- lime slices and cilantro , for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Pat salmon dry with a paper towel and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Cut carrots into fries
- In a microwaveable dish, melt 4 tablespoons butter
- Add garlic, smoked paprika, chipotle powder, honey and lime zest.
- Onto a slightly greased sheet pan, place the salmon, skin side down and coat with about 1/2 of the sauce.
- Toss the remaining sauce with the carrot fries and place on the sheet around the salmon – keeping space in between.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes
- Place under broiler for 2-3 minutes for an extra crispy option
- Serve with fresh cilantro and lime slices
- 1 sheet pan
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag thetastefultribe on instagram @thetastefultribe if you try this chipotle honey salmon and carrot fries sheet pan meal recipe. We love seeing your version of the recipe! You can also post your pictures to our facebook page!