Ready to make a real spin on your kids’ school lunch? This easy and delicious spider sandwich lunch is just what you need to get into the fall fun!
We love to kick-off fall with spider sandwiches because they are easy to make and yummy to eat. The level of satisfaction my kids get from these fun and simple spider sandwiches is always pure joy!
ingredients for spider sandwich lunchbox
- sandwich thins
- cheese slices
- turkey or ham slices, optional
- baby carrots
- candy eyes
- orange buttered pasta noodles (we used pastina), optional for lunchbox side
- preferred sweet treat, optional for lunchbox side
how to make a spider sandwich lunchbox
1. Toast and butter sandwich thin slices. Inside, layer with lettuce, turkey, and cheese slice.
2. Place candy eyes or if you wish to add, black olives on top (you can also use an eye food pick to better hold sandwich together). Slice the baby carrots in half and stuff them into the sandwich, four per side for the spider legs. Place into main compartment of lunchbox
3. Into the other side compartments place orange buttered pasta and preferred sweet treat, if using.
I hope you and your little one enjoy this super fun fall lunch creation!
How do I transport this spider lunch food art creation?
You can make this design on a plate or for easy on-the-go travel, secure everything in place with toothpicks. Additionally, cover each compartment with tin foil. For the main compartment, add a ball of tin foil to the middle between ingredients and lid for extra hold.
Why prep lunches for school?
To make meal planning more consistent and practical in my house, I aim to include four school lunch preps for my two kids in our weekly meal prep rotation. This helps us save money and ensure that two days of the week, the kids have well balanced meals that happen to be fun and festive, yet simple enough to put together in less than 15 minutes.
In these lunch preps I try to include a variety of colors as well as a good balance of the essential food groups so that my kids are getting exposure to different foods in a fun and exciting way!
We sure hope you enjoy this fun and festive lunch as much as our little tribe has time and time again. Please leave us a star review and comment if you made this easy spider sandwich lunch!
Spider Sandwich School Lunch
- SFSugar Free
- Toast and butter sandwich thin slices. Inside, layer with lettuce, turkey, and cheese slice.
- Place candy eyes or if you wish to add, black olives on top (you can also use an eye food pick to better hold sandwich together). Slice the baby carrots in half and stuff them into the sandwich, four per side for the spider legs. Place into main compartment of lunchbox
- Into the other side compartments place orange buttered pasta and preferred sweet treat, if using.
Did you make this food art lunch? Don’t forget to tag thetastefultribe on instagram @thetastefultribe if you create this fun spider sandwich lunch. We love seeing your version! You can also post your pictures to our facebook page!