Want to make the best green smoothie in all the land of smoothies? This avocado and honey smoothie will get you your greens in a delicious and healthy way. Made with avocado for creaminess, green apple, ginger, lemon and honey for a sweet, crisp and refreshing taste. This simple green smoothie recipe is vegan and dairy free.
This simple avocado and honey green smoothie is the ultimate breakfast on the go or refreshing snack. It’s full of bright and citrusy flavors that’s perfect for kids and adults. My kids love this avocado and honey green smoothie recipe!
I love that it’s jam packed with superfoods, veggies and healthy fats that help keep you going all morning long!
Ingredients for avocado and honey green smoothie
To make this avocado and honey green smoothie, you’ll need a few simple ingredients that you can get at almost any grocery store or even online!
Here’s what we are working with:
- ripe avocado: if you like your smoothies extra creamy, avocado is a wonderful addition. Not only does it help enhance the color of this green smoothie but it also provides healthy fats, potassium, fiber and plenty of B vitamins. It has a very neutral taste in smoothies due to the other flavors so it brings all the cream and goes down like a dream!
- green apple: the crisp! It’s all about the fresh, crisp flavor notes that green apples bring to a green smoothie party. It’s subtle enough yet gives it that extra freshness boost. Green apples are a rich source of fiber that promote the growth of healthy bacteria in your gut, helping you break down foods more efficiently.
- organic fresh spinach: spinach is such a great veggie to add to any smoothie. If you’re looking to get more greens in your smoothie, adding a few cups of spinach is the perfect way to do so! If you’re not quite sold on the spinach, cauliflower works extremely well.
- lemon: if you want a little taste of sunshine in your green smoothie, adding fresh lemon juice is the best way to give you an extra boost of fresh and citrusy flavor notes.
- fresh ginger: adds a fragrant zest and comes along with many health benefits. In my mind, ginger and lemon go hand-in-hand; a dynamic duo in the world of green smoothies.
- almond milk (or milk of choice): feel free to use any milk you’d like in your green smoothie according to your dietary preferences. I like to use almond milk because it tends to have a neutral taste in smoothies, but also enjoy coconut milk which adds a more tropical and creamy flavor.
- honey: to round up this green smoothie winner, I like to add a little honey to enhance all of the other flavors in the smoothie. Honey makes all ingredients shine to their fullest potential. Honey is super rich in antioxidants and better for blood sugar levels than regular sugar. It’s such a great add-in to any green smoothie recipe
- vanilla protein powder: completely optional but so good for an extra protein boost that will keep you fuller longer.
How to make avocado and honey green smoothie
Green smoothies are my favorite to make because they are so easy! You are simply adding all ingredients into a blender and blending on high for 1-2 minutes or until all ingredients are smoothly combined. That’s it!
Can you taste the greens in an avocado and honey green smoothie?
Nope! The best part about this green smoothie recipe is that you get to sneak in tons of healthy greens without even noticing. Hey, if I can get this avocado and honey green smoothie pass my kids it’s the real deal! This simple green smoothie recipe is made with green apple and tastes crisp and refreshing thanks to the green apple, honey, lemon and ginger.
Is an avocado and honey green smoothie really that good for you?
This avocado and honey green smoothie is packed with vitamins, minerals and even healthy fats so YES! It is very good for you. Everyone’s health and nutrition needs are different, but if you’re looking for way to up your fruit and veggie intake, this avocado and honey green smoothie is a great way to do that!
Enjoy! We hope you enjoy this avocado and honey green smoothie recipe as much as our little tribe has time and time again. Please leave us a star review and comment if you enjoyed this recipe!
Avocado and Honey Green Smoothie
- LCLow Carb
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 green apple, sliced
- fresh lemon juice
- 1 inch knob of ginger, peeled
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, optional
- 1 cup almond milk , or milk of choice
- In a blender, add in all ingredients and blend on high for 1-2 minutes or until all ingredients are smoothly combined.
- 1 blender
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag thetastefultribe on instagram @thetastefultribe if you try this healthy avocado and honey green smoothie recipe. We love seeing your version of the recipe! You can also post your pictures to our facebook page!