This easy pesto salmon pasta recipe is ready to go in 15 minutes and presents like a gourmet meal. Perfectly seared salmon with creamy pesto alfredo pasta makes this dish an excellent choice for a nourishing busy week night meal or one for weekend entertaining. It’s a one-pan dish that everyone will love!
It is my humble opinion that you can never have too many salmon recipes or pasta nights. This one-pan recipe for salmon with a pesto cream sauce is one of our favorites to make when we are craving both salmon and pasta. It’s irresistibly delicious and comes together beautifully in one-pan.
And the best part? It’s all ready to go in about 15 minutes!
I first stumbled upon a dish similar to this creamy pesto pasta when dining at Chef Vola’s in Atlantic City. It’s one of those restaurants that is super hard to get into, but once you are there, you’ll understand why–the food is absolutely incredible! They make a creamy pesto sauce that is served over fish and I oftentimes dream about it. It’s that good and I knew I had to create this amazing dish for my salmon + pasta loving family!
why you’ll love pesto salmon pasta
- Time-saving: As a busy mom, time is precious. With this one-pan pesto salmon pasta recipe, you can have a nourishing and flavorful meal on the table in just 15 minutes. No need to juggle multiple pots and pans, making clean-up a breeze.
- Nutritious and delicious: This recipe combines the health benefits of salmon, packed with omega-3 fatty acids, with the vibrant flavors of fresh basil, garlic, and parmesan cheese in the pesto sauce. It’s a perfect combination of taste and nutrition that will leave your family satisfied and nourished.
- Versatility: Feel free to customize this dish to suit your family’s preferences. You can swap the salmon for any other fish or even grilled chicken if you prefer. You can also play around with different types of pasta, such as whole wheat or gluten-free options, to accommodate dietary needs.
- Budget-friendly: Salmon can be an expensive ingredient, but fear not! This recipe uses many pantry staples, making it a cost-effective option for busy families on a budget. I like to buy my salmon at Aldi. It’s high quality and affordable while giving you enough for leftovers throughout the week.
- Minimal clean-up: With just one pan to wash, you’ll be amazed at how easy clean-up can be. This means less time spent in the kitchen and more time to relax and enjoy quality moments with your loved ones.
To make this easy, delicious, and comforting one-pan salmon recipe you’ll need a few ingredients that you can get at almost any grocery store or even online!
Here’s what we are working with:
- salmon fillets
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- italian seasoning
- smoked paprika
- pesto sauce
- Parmesan cheese
- cooked pasta
how to make pesto salmon pasta
Cook pasta according to package instructions. Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Into a large skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil. Once the oil is hot, place the salmon fillets in the skillet skin side down and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until salmon is cooked through or has reached desired doneness. Transfer from skillet and set aside.
Prepare the sauce; in the same skillet over medium heat, add butter and onions. Once onions are translucent add garlic powder, Italian seasoning, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper to taste. Stir until fragrant.
Reduce heat to low; add in cream and pesto sauce and let simmer 2-3 minutes.
Remove the pan from the heat and stir in parmesan cheese until well combined.
Nestle in the cooked salmon fillets into the sauce along with the cooked pasta noodles. Garnish with freshly chopped basil leaves.
can you meal prep pesto salmon pasta?
Yes! It’s a quick and easy meal that comes together in one pan which means more time for you to enjoy you weekend without a whole lot of time spent meal prepping. Simply divide this recipe into 4 meal prep containers. The flavors in this recipe have time to meld together, allowing all that goodness to absorb even more as leftovers. You can choose to keep the salmon fillets whole or cut them into bite sized pieces to have more to go around. You will be set for the week with this meal. It’s a fantastic option for a complete, quick, and satisfying meal prep.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. It’s definitely one of those recipes worth saving. There’s nothing better than having what looks and tastes like a gourmet meal on the table, but one that saves you time behind the scenes.
Please leave us a star review and comment if you make this family favorite recipe.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free leave them below. I answer every single question as quickly as I can.
Happy cooking! And thanks for being part of our tribe, The Tasteful Tribe!
Easy Pesto Salmon Pasta (Ready in 15 minutes!)
- SFSugar Free
- 1 pound cooked pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 salmon fillets
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ cup pesto sauce
- 1 cup cream
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- fresh basil leaves, finely chopped for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Into a large skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil. Once the oil is hot, place the salmon fillets in the skillet skin side down and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until salmon is cooked through or has reached desired doneness. Transfer from skillet and set aside.
- Prepare the sauce; in the same skillet over medium heat, add butter and onions. Once onions are translucent add garlic powder, Italian seasoning, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper to taste. Stir until fragrant.
- Reduce heat to low; add in cream and pesto sauce and let simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in parmesan cheese until well combined.
- Nestle in the cooked salmon fillets into the sauce along with the cooked pasta noodles. Garnish with freshly chopped basil leaves.
- 1 skillet
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag thetastefultribe on instagram @thetastefultribe if you try this simple one pan pesto salmon pasta recipe. We love seeing your version of the recipe! You can also post your pictures to our facebook page!