This ultimate peanut butter and jelly sandwich is accompanied by cinnamon cookies, fresh fruit and cheese. It will surely have your little one giving you all the hugs and kisses this Valentine’s Day. XOXO – The Tasteful Tribe
1. Begin by making your peanut butter and jelly sandwich with the 2 slices of bread. I recommend placing the sandwich into your freezer for about 10-15 minutes. It will make cutting much easier and not so messy.
2. Draw-out the shapes of an upper lip and bottom lip on 1 side of the sandwich. If you do not have edible markers, simply use a knife to form your shapes. Then, using a knife, cut-out the two shapes; cutting in a downward motion. Using two toothpicks, place the mini marshmallows on each and secure in the middle between the two lip shapes to form the teeth. This will help hold your sandwich together. Place into the main compartment of the lunchbox.
3. Slice the strawberries into rounds and begin placing them on the lips, filling the spaces as needed; cutting a few of them into small triangles to fit and resemble a mouth.
4. Place the letter cookies XOXO above and sprinkle over blueberries; two to fill-in the O’s.
5. In one side compartment, place cut-out heart shaped apples from a heart shaped food cutter. Cut an apple in half and press down with the food cutter to create the shapes. You can rub the apple cut-outs with a lemon wedge to stop the browning.
6. In the other compartment, place a handful of cotton candy grapes. Cut-out a heart shape from the BabyBel Cheese Snacks; cut a V shape into the top and then cut-off just a little bit of each side. Place the hearts on top of the grapes.
ENJOY! We hope you and your little one enjoy this XOXO peanut butter and jelly sandwich lunch creation!
How do I transport this lunch creation?
You can make this design on a plate or for easy on-the-go travel, secure everything in place with toothpicks. Additonally, cover each compartment with tin foil. For the main compartment, add a ball of tin foil to the middle between ingredients and lid for extra hold.
XOXO Peanut Butter and Jelly Food Art Sandwich
- SFSugar Free
- 1 Kids Lunch Box 3 Compartment Container
- 1 heart shaped food-cutter
- 1 edible markers, optional, to draw-out mouth
Did you make this food art lunch? Don’t forget to #thetastefultribe on instagram @thetastefultribe if you create this fun XOXO Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich lunch. We love seeing your version! You can also post your pictures to our facebook page!