This delectable cake is a lightly spiced chocolate cake made with Simple Mills chocolate almond flour baking mix and glazed with a pumpkin spice frosting. Exuding flavors of fall and packed with pumpkin purée and spices; this will surely be the most memorable finish to your holiday dinner.
The inspiration for this recipe was actually created out of my love for Wawa’s Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate. I love that stuff! I have yet to get my hands on it this season – so if you know someone, let them know, I need this back in my life and I need it now!
…but until then, I will make do with this absolutely sensational cake that will definitely be part of our Thanksgiving festivities this year.
And the best part? It’s easy-peasy thanks to Simple Mills. I’ve become obsessed with their baking mixes and frostings. I have a confession to make, ya’ll. I struggle hard with baking. I’m a wanna-be baker. I train hard but when push comes to shove, I usually fumble. Simple Mills baking mixes are there to pick me up. They truly are foolproof and make me look like a rock star of a baker. (Thank you, Thank you.)
While Simple Mills is one of my favorite baking mixes for ease and taste, more importantly all of their mixes contain simple, wholesome ingredients. They are gluten free, soy free, gum free, non GMO and paleo friendly. Works . For . Me!
The pumpkin glaze is just the icing on the cake – this recipe delivers and will satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth. I sure hope you get a chance to make this and try out Simple Mills baking options. I can’t wait to hear how your version turns out.
That’s all I’ve got for the glazed chocolate spiced pumpkin cake recipe!
I hope you enjoy this chocolate spiced pumpkin cake recipe as much as our little tribe has time and time again. Please leave us a star review and comment if you make this easy baking recipe.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free leave them below. I answer every single question as quickly as I can.
Happy baking! And thanks for being part of my tribe, The Tasteful Tribe!
Glazed Chocolate Spiced Pumpkin Cake
- LCLow Carb
- 1 box Simple Mills Chocolate Cake mix
- nonstick vegetable oil spray, to coat pan
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened pumpkin purée, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup whole milk, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves, divided
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Butter or lightly spray an 8×8" baking pan or 9"-diameter cake pan with unsalted butter or nonstick vegetable oil spray. Line pan with parchment paper, leaving overhang on all sides.
- Whisk eggs and brown sugar in a large bowl until pale and foamy.
- Add 1 cup pumpkin purée, ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil, ½ cup whole milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice, 1 teaspoon ground gloves, and ¼ teaspoon kosher salt. Whisk continuously until smooth and blended.
- Add in Simple Mills Chocolate Cake mix and whisk again until all ingredients are emulsified. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth surface with a spatula. Bake cake until a fork or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 40–50 minutes.
- Transfer cake to a wire rack and let cool in pan, about 15 minutes. Using parchment overhang, lift cake out of pan and onto rack. Remove parchment and let cool completely.
- For the glaze, combine 1 cup powdered sugar, a pinch of kosher salt, 2 tablespoons pumpkin purée, 1 tablespoon whole milk, 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice, and 1 teaspoon ground cloves in a small bowl until smooth.
- Pour glaze over cooled cake and let sit 15 minutes to allow glaze to set before enjoying.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag thetastefultribe on instagram @thetastefultribe if you try this Simple Mills glaze chocolate spiced pumpkin cake recipe. We love seeing your version of the recipe! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!