This smoked salmon lox dip is easy on-the-go and festive enough to serve as an hors d’oeuvre for your next holiday party. This delicious dip and spread has you covered no matter where you are taking a bite. A fabulous lox spread recipe which you can make within a matter of minutes!
This is one of my on-the-go, go-to recipes of all times. And these days, I feel like I am always on the go. It’s also the kind of recipe that I’ll make for a party and look like I’ve spent hours on this when in reality it was ready to go with in a matter of minutes. This smoked salmon dip will really save the day. You can serve it with crackers and cocktails or set it out on a brunch buffet with bagels and other fixings. It will be a crowd pleaser.
Another plus for this dip is that it can be made a few days ahead of time and refrigerated. I’m really feeling the mini Naan flatbreads that Aldi offers, so I’ll start my morning with one of these and it’s pretty much smooth sailing the rest of the day.
What is Lox?
Lox is a fillet of brined salmon, that may or may not be smoked. Lox is frequently served on a bagel with cream cheese, and often garnished with tomato, sliced onion, cucumbers, and capers.
This is my own twist on the traditional version which definitely includes smoked salmon. If you are looking for a good one, Latitude 45 offers the best in my opinion. The perfect amount of smokiness and brininess – always fresh, no fishy taste and sliced very thin; it’s like it was made for this recipe!
The other ingredient that we are adding to this is about a tablespoon (or two) of horseradish, depending on your desire for a little bite or heat. The flavor of horseradish and smokiness of the salmon mixed with capers and lemon juice is such an incredible melody.
So now we are just taking all of these things and mixing them together with whipped cream cheese along with chopped red onion and cucumber. I would definitely recommend using whipped cream cheese versus the other because it is super easy to blend. If you only have the original in hand, just make sure that it is at room temperature and even heated in the microwave for a few seconds to ensure blending.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as our little tribe has! Be sure to share your recipe @thetastefultribe and write a review here. I can’t wait to see and hear how your version turns out!
Smoked Salmon Lox Dip
- LCLow Carb
- SFSugar Free
- 1 package 6 ounces Latitude 45 Smoked Salmon, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cucumber, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped, plus more for serving
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Chop salmon, red onion, cucumber and dill.
- In a mixing bowl, place whipped cream cream cheese and add in the onion, cucumber, dill, Everything Bagel Seasoning, prepared horseradish, capers, lemon zest, juice and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Fold in the chopped smoked salmon.
- Top with fresh dill and enjoy with a bagel, crackers, Naan bread, or even over your favorite salad.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag thetastefultribe on instagram @thetastefultribe if you try this smoked salmon lox dip recipe. We love seeing your version of the recipe! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!