This slow cooker chicken marsala is tender, fall off the bone chicken thighs cooked in a creamy mushroom and marsala wine sauce. Made with only 5 ingredients, it’s a delicious weeknight meal option or one for entertaining that you can ensure the whole family will love!
We love our chicken dishes around here! Probably at the top is Chicken Marsala. Traditional Chicken Marsala is made by breading chicken and then topping it with a savory mushroom sauce made with Marsala wine. If you are not a mushroom lover, you could easily sub out the mushrooms for peppers, onions, Brussel sprouts…this list is pretty vast and endless, but you definitely want to include the Marsala wine in this to give it that bold, savory flavor.
This slow cooker chicken marsala is my take on the classic dish. If you have been following my recipes then you know if it is a crockpot meal and it’s chicken, I’m using chicken thighs! Most versions of this include butter, and while free to add if you are sticking with a more keto-ish diet, chicken thighs make this the best of both worlds because they themselves offer a rich buttery taste and are packed with so much flavor. We love ButcherBox chicken thighs which are pre-packaged bone-in skin-on chicken thighs; so delectable! This recipe right here is a fantastic way to get the flavors you would at a restaurant with very minimal work.
Here’s what we are working with for this recipe
- chicken thighs – we prefer bone-in, skin on for that extra punch of flavor, but you can also choose to debone prior to cooking
- mushrooms – Whether crazy about them or not, mushrooms give this recipe a sensational flavor pairing with the Marsala wine.
- Marsala cooking wine – Think of marsala and mushrooms as the yin & yang of cooking – it just works; it flows.
- Italian Dressing Seasoning Packet
- onion mushroom soup and dip packet mix – if we are making a crockpot recipe, chances are pretty high that this is included!
- cream (optional) – Adding in heavy whipping cream at the end is completely optional, but I prefer a creaminess to my Chicken Marsala sauce.
That’s it! 5 ingredients, plus 1/4 cup of cream if you prefer and your tastebuds with be thanking you tremendously!
I always serve my slow cooker Chicken Marsala over loaded mashed cauliflower. It’s the ultimate low carb option and a little piece of heaven in every single bite!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. We have this on our weekly rotation because it is just that good! Please like and share your version of this recipe @thetastefultribe. We can’t wait to see how yours turns-out!
Want more easy chicken slow cooker recipes?
Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala
- LCLow Carb
- SFSugar Free
- Add the chicken to the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle over the Italian dressing packet, onion & mushroom soup mix, the mushrooms and 1 cup of Marsala Wine.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- *Optional- At the very end, stir in 1/4 cup heavy cream for a more creamier sauce.
- Serve the chicken thighs whole or shred them all. Serve with loaded mashed cauliflower and top with fresh chopped parsley.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag thetastefultribe on instagram @thetastefultribe if you try this easy crockpot chicken marsala recipe. We love seeing your version of the recipe! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!