Creamy and fresh summer corn chowder loaded with seasonal corn, zucchini, tender chicken and topped with prosciutto. This simple chowder recipe is made with fresh sweet corn from the cob and jam packed with flavor and nutrients.
With summer fast approaching, there’s nothing I love more than a good old-fashioned barbecue with all of my relatives and friends. After all, the best thing about summer is the barbecues and family time. But anyone who’s ever hosted a big bbq knows just how much food can be left over afterwards!
Instead of letting those leftovers go to waste, I love to use them to create new dishes, and one of my favorites is this amazing summer veggies and chicken corn chowder. It’s so easy and loaded with so much goodness!
how to make summer veggies chicken corn chowder
This easy chowder recipe is made simply with fresh summer veggies, rotisserie chicken, and corn. It is not only easy to make, but also bursting with bold flavors and colorful ingredients. This summer chowder is perfect for the season. Fresh vegetables sautéed until tender and then mixed with chicken and sweet corn in a homemade stock, this chowder is a delicious way to use up all your leftovers.
why you will love this simple soup recipe
It’s a classic comfort for that can easily be prepared without too much fuss. The beauty of this recipe is that it’s easily customizable. Therefore, you can simply use whatever summer veggies you have on hand. It’s also the perfect way to sneak in those veggies for the picky eaters in your family.
We sure hope you give this summer vegetable corn chowder a try! It’s a dish that’s sure to impress everyone and give them that warm, cozy feeling that we all crave – even in the heat of summer!
Summer Veggie Chicken and Corn Chowder
- LCLow Carb
- SFSugar Free
- 2 oz prosciutto, torn into small pieces , or bacon crumbles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ pound cooked chicken, rotisserie chicken , cut into small bite-size pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 small yellow squash, chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups corn , fresh or frozen
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper , to taste
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped, optional for garnish
- Add the ripped prosciutto to a large pot over medium-high heat with about a teaspoon of olive oil. Cook until crispy, about 6-8 minutes.
- Once the prosciutto is crispy, take it out of the pot and set it aside. Leave the grease in the pot. Add the remaining olive oil.
- Chop the veggies and prepare the chicken.
- Add the onion, celery, carrots to the pot and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add in zucchini, yellow squash, cherry tomatoes and sauté for another 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook for about a minute, stirring constantly.
- Add in the garlic powder, followed by the chicken broth. Continue to stir to ensure the flour has dissolved and everything is scraped up from the bottom of the pot.
- Add in the chicken, corn, cream, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and about ¾ of the crispy prosciutto (you will want to save the rest for garnishing the bowls later on). Increase the heat to high and bring the soup to a boil. Once it's boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer so it comes to a slow boil. About 5 minutes; The soup will get thicker the longer you cook it.
- Season the soup with salt & pepper. Garnish with the rest of the prosciutto and chopped green onions if desired.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag thetastefultribe on instagram @thetastefultribe if you try this easy summer veggies and chicken corn chowder recipe. We love seeing your version of the recipe! You can also post your pictures to our facebook page!