This recipe is the perfect weeknight dinner to throw and go; and it just keeps on giving throughout the week! You can use the shredded BBQ chicken in sandwiches, wraps, tacos and on salads. This recipe in particular is low carb and keto friendly.
This keto crockpot shredded BBQ chicken recipe will blow you away when it comes to ease and flavor.
For the spice blend I used spices that I always have in my pantry: chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. I also used a brown sugar substitute since it always pairs well with BBQ recipes and let’s face it, brown sugar is the bomb.com! For this shredded BBQ chicken recipe, you can use your favorite homemade or bottled sugar free BBQ sauce. I really like the G. Hughes brand and always keep a couple of bottles in my pantry.
I love to include side options in my recipes. For this recipe, I highly recommend serving it with coleslaw. Whether store-bought or homemade, coleslaw is a great compliment to any BBQ recipe. I would also recommend pairing this with my loaded mashed cauliflower recipe – you’ve got a dynamic duo right here! If choosing this recipe for taco night, I serve mine with La Banderita Carb Counter Street Tacos – so good!!
I hope you enjoy this wonderful recipe that just keeps on giving! Let us know your favorite way to serve this crockpot shredded BBQ chicken.
Keto Crockpot Shredded BBQ Chicken
- LCLow Carb
- SFSugar Free
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 18 ounce jar sugar free BBQ sauce
- Mix brown sugar substitute and seasonings together in a small bowl.
- Place chicken breast into bottom of slow cooker. Add seasonings on top and cover with sugar free BBQ sauce.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Chicken should read 165 degrees F with a meat thermometer and easily shred.
- Shred chicken and serve hot with preferred sides.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag thetastefultribe on instagram @thetastefultribe if you try this keto crockpot shredded BBQ chicken recipe. We love seeing your version of the recipe! You can also post your pictures to our facebook page!