This cherry berry pineapple upside down cake recipe is made with all fresh fruit, almond flour and honey. It’s so simple and naturally sweet, fulfilling all those sugar cravings without making you feel that sugar overload. The best part? It all comes together in one skillet and is ready to go in no time.
I love sweets! I could eat dessert every night–but my body doesn’t always agree. Dealing with PCOS I really have to think about how I eat sweets, when I eat them, and honestly it all just comes down to moderation. One thing that has been such a blessing is the ability to bake with almond flour. Coconut flour is also a beautiful thing too!
This cherry berry pineapple upside down cake recipe is made with all fresh fruit, almond flour and honey. It’s so simple and naturally sweet and fulfills all those sugar cravings without making you feel that sugar overload.
The best thing about this healthier version of pineapple upside cake is that you can make it in a skillet. I am obsessed with one skillet anything recipes! I would recommend using a cast iron skillet for this.
How can I get the right amount of sweetness with cherry berry pineapple upside down cake?
Getting the sweetness just right can take some time but I’ve found that raw honey is the best way to go! It provides you with the sweet taste experience from a cake or baked good, in a natural way so you don’t have to worry that you’re harming yourself with refined sugar or an artificial sweetener.
Ingredients for skillet cherry berry pineapple upside down cake
Here’s what we are working with for this recipe:
- fresh cut pineapple
- fresh cherries
- fresh blueberries
- almond flour
You are going to want to put a generous amount of honey in a cast iron skillet to coat and then arrange your fruit in a decorative pattern. Then you are just mixing together the almond flour, honey and eggs and baking right in a skillet. It’s really that simple and super delicious. ENJOY!
Cherry Berry Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- 2 cups almond flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup raw honey , plus additional for coating skillet (use more or less depending on your sweetness preference)
- 3 tbs coconut oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 fresh pineapple, cut into rounds
- 12 fresh sweet cherries, halved and pits removed
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and core the pineapple into rounds. Place about 1-2 tablespoons of raw honey in cast iron skillet. Arrange the pineapple rings, sweet cherries and blueberries on top of the honey in a decorative pattern; Place the skillet in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the almond flour with baking powder. In a medium bowl, cream the eggs with the remaining honey. Add in the coconut oil and mix well to combine. Add the almond flour mixture into the wet ingredients, mixing well to combine.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and pour the batter over the top of the pineapple, cherries and blueberries. Make sure to smooth it out and return to the oven a bake for an additional 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave cool for 10-15 minutes, then turn over onto a plate.
- 1 skillet
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag thetastefultribe on instagram @thetastefultribe if you try this one-skillet cherry berry pineapple upside down cake recipe. We love seeing your version of the recipe! You can also post your pictures to our facebook page!