This creamy pork marsala is a classic comfort. Made with pan-fried pork chops and caramelized mushrooms and then smothered in a creamy marsala sauce. This meal comes together in 30 minutes and is made in one skillet. It is the ultimate comfort meal loaded with extra veggies and of a ton flavor!
It’s fall, y’all and things are getting pretty cozy around here! I love this time of the year.
There’s nothing like the comfort of a warm dish on a cool chilly day. To me, there’s nothing more comforting than a smothered pork chops dinner.
One-skillet recipes have always been a favorite of mine, now they are becoming a necessity due to our jam-packed schedule with fall sports. This one-skillet pork marsala and green beans is a recipe we will definitely be adding to the rotation. It’s so yummy, comforting and quick!
Where do you find the best pork chops?
I get my pork chops from Butcher Box. It’s my favorite for pork chops by far. You can tell it is amazing quality. I love that it comes delivered right to my doorstep. One less trip to the grocery store always helps! It comes frozen and individually packaged into packs of two pork chops. It’s super easy to thaw and prepare when it comes to meal prep.
Ingredients for one-skillet pork marsala
It’s all about trying to find ways to sneak veggies into the meals I make for my kids and that’s what I’ve done for this one-skillet pork marsala recipe. My kids really do love most veggies, but there are some, like mushrooms that they aren’t crazy about. The great thing about this recipe is that you can substitute or even omit any of the veggies. Also, if you are not crazy about marsala wine flavor, I would suggest replacing it with either white cooking wine or chicken broth.
Here is what we are working with today:
- pork chops– I highly recommend ButcherBox Pork Chops. They are outstanding!
- marsala wine – Can be replaced by white cooking wine or chicken broth.
- green Beans
- red onion
- shredded carrot
- cherry tomatoes
Other than browning the pork chops, you are just throwing everything in the skillet, and letting it go. This makes a wonderful meal for a family on-the-go! It’s an impressive, restaurant-quality dish, and the best part? It’s incredibly easy to make at home! ENJOY.
One-Skillet Pork Marsala
- LCLow Carb
- SFSugar Free
- 1 tbs butter
- 4 pork chops (I highly recommend ButcherBox Pork Chops), We love ButcherBox Pork Chops
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- sea salt, cracked black pepper and chopped fresh parsley, optional for garnish
- Prepare pork chops; season with salt and pepper on both sides
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Brown pork chops on both sides; remove from pan, reserving drippings.
- Prepare veggies and combine them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- In same skillet, sauté vegetables in drippings until lightly browned. Add in Marsala Wine and cream; stir into vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, just until vegetables are tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Add the pork chops back in; cook, covered, until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°, 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with salt, pepper and parsley.
- 1 skillet
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag thetastefultribe on instagram @thetastefultribe if you try this easy one-skillet pork marsala recipe. We love seeing your version of the recipe! You can also post your pictures to our facebook page!