Cottage cheese stuffed peppers are filled with a creamy cottage cheese and savory ground beef mixture that are not only easy to make but also jam packed with protein and wholesome goodness. With just a few simple ingredients and minimal prep time, this recipe is a perfect choice for a quick and nutritious meal.
I just jumped on the cottage cheese bandwagon and I won’t be getting off until further notice. I’m also always on the lookout for delicious, nutritious and easy meals to feed my family. This recipe for cottage cheese stuffed peppers is everything this mama heart could ask for and more!
With a twist on the traditional ground beef and rice filling, we are adding creamy cottage cheese which takes these stuffed peppers to a whole new level of flavor and nutrition.
why cottage cheese?
Cottage cheese is a protein-packed ingredient that not only adds a creamy and Lucious texture to dishes but also boost their nutritional value. Rich in calcium and low in fat, cottage cheese is the perfect addition to a balanced diet, making it an excellent choice for growing kids and health-conscious parents alike.
This delicious cottage cheese stuffed peppers recipe is one you can feel so good about serving to your whole family.
why you’ll love cottage cheese stuffed peppers
- Bold Flavors: The combination of traditional ground beef and rice filling with creamy cottage cheese creates a flavor explosion that will leave your taste buds begging for more. The savory beef and fluffy rice are perfectly complemented by the creaminess and tanginess of the cottage cheese, making each bite incredibly delicious.
- Nutritional Powerhouse: Not only do these peppers taste amazing, but they also pack a nutritional punch. With the protein-packed goodness of ground beef and the vitamins and minerals found in cottage cheese, this dish provides a balanced and nourishing meal for your family. You can feel good about serving this wholesome option know that you’re fueling your loved ones with essential nutrients.
- Easy to Make: We understand that as a busy individual, you need recipes that are both tasty and easy to prepare (like we really, REALLY understand). These cottage cheese stuffed peppers check all the boxes. With simple ingredients and straightforward steps, you can have a fantastic meal on the table in no time. It’s a stress-free recipe that allows you to focus on enjoying time with your family.
- Versatile and Customizable: This recipe is incredibly versatile, giving you the freedom to customize it to your family’s preferences. You can experiment with different types of bell peppers for added sweetness or spice, or even add in extra veggies to amp up the nutrition. It’s easy to sub out the ground beef for ground turkey, chicken or make these stuffed peppers a meatless meal. The filling can also be modified with your favorite herbs, spices, ensuring that each batch of stuffed peppers is uniquely tailored to your taste.
- Leftover Magic: These stuffed peppers are a fantastic option for meal prepping or utilizing leftovers. If you find yourself with some extra filling, simply spoon it into another pepper or save it for another meal. Additionally, leftovers can be easily reheated and enjoyed the next day, making this dish perfect for your busy schedule.
To make this easy, delicious, and wholesome cottage cheese stuffed peppers recipe you’ll need a few ingredients that you can get at almost any grocery store or even online!
Here’s what we are working with:
- bell peppers
- olive oil
- red onion
- ground beef or turkey
- dried oregano
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- cooked rice
- cottage cheese
- shredded cheddar cheese
- diced tomatoes
- green onion
how to make cottage cheese stuffed peppers
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place the peppers, cut side up, into a baking dish, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes, until slightly browned around the edges and tender-crisp.
While peppers are roasting, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; add the onion and cook until soft and translucent, 1-2 minutes. Add the ground beef, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon until browned and almost cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes.
Into a medium bowl combine ground beef mixture, cooked rice, diced tomatoes, cottage cheese, and 1/4 cup cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Remove the peppers from the oven and spoon the filling evenly into the peppers. Sprinkle over chopped green onion and cheddar cheese, if desired.
Place the peppers back in the oven and roast 10-15 minutes, until the filling is hot and the cheese is melted and bubbling. Garnish with extra green onion, if desired; serve immediately.
can you meal prep stuffed peppers?
Yes! Stuffed peppers are one of my favorite preps to date. It’s a quick and easy meal which means more time for you to enjoy you weekend without a whole lot of time spent meal prepping. Simply divide this recipe into 4 meal prep containers. The flavors in this recipe have time to meld together, allowing all that goodness to absorb even more as leftovers. You will be set for the week with this meal. It’s a fantastic option for a complete, quick, and satisfying meal prep.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. It’s definitely one of those recipes worth saving. There’s nothing better than having what looks and tastes like a gourmet meal on the table, but one that saves you time behind the scenes.
Please leave us a star review and comment if you make this delicious stuffed peppers recipe.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free leave them below. I answer every single question as quickly as I can.
Happy cooking! And thanks for being part of our tribe, The Tasteful Tribe!
Cottage Cheese Stuffed Peppers (Easy + Protein Packed!)
- LCLow Carb
- SFSugar Free
- 3 large bell peppers, any color, cut in half from the stem to the bottom and cored
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 (8-oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- ¼ shredded cheddar cheese, plus extra for garnish, optional
- ¼ cup green onion, finely diced, plus extra for garnish, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place the peppers, cut side up, into a baking dish, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes, until slightly browned around the edges and tender-crisp.
- While peppers are roasting, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; add the onion and cook until soft and translucent, 1-2 minutes. Add the ground beef, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon until browned and almost cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Into a medium bowl combine ground beef mixture, cooked rice, diced tomatoes, cottage cheese, and 1/4 cup cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and spoon the filling evenly into the peppers. Sprinkle over diced green onion and extra cheddar cheese, if desired.
- Place the peppers back in the oven and roast 10-15 minutes, until the filling is hot and the cheese is melted and bubbling. Garnish with extra green onion, if desired; serve immediately.
- 1 baking dish
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag thetastefultribe on instagram @thetastefultribe if you try this simple cottage cheese stuffed peppers recipe. We love seeing your version of the recipe! You can also post your pictures to our facebook page!