This caramelized onion and mushroom flatbread pizza recipe is easy to make and difficult to put down. Thin, perfectly crisp flatbread topped with creamy Boursin cheese, onions and mushrooms caramelized to a sweet and savory goodness.
One of Kyle’s and my favorite low-key things to do when we were first dating was have a Friday night make-your-own-pizza night. Somewhat of a competition, we would prepare our own individual and unique toppings of choice and then have a sampling of both to determine a winner.
The combination of caramelized onion, mushrooms, and Boursin cheese was and always will be, a very strong contender.
Two kids later, pizza night is still very much a thing in our house but it’s been elevated by the ease of flatbread. Now, instead of Kyle and I dueling off on our pizza topping skills, it’s all about meshing those creative ideas we once came up with into a single flatbread pizza we share.
The best part for me is seeing our kids create their own personalized pizza of choice. All of which is super simple to facilitate thanks to flatbread pizza (and Aldi because they have a great one that comes in a pack of two!)
So, if you’re a busy mom like me, craving the nostalgia of pizza nights while also cherishing the ease and customization that flatbreads provide, wait until you give this caramelized onion and mushroom + Boursin cheese flatbread pizza a try. It’s about to be your new favorite pizza topping!
why you’ll love flatbread pizza
- Versatility: Flatbread pizza provides the perfect canvas for all your pizza creativity. Whether you prefer classic flavors or unique combinations, you have the freedom to experiment and customize to your heart’s content.
- Speedy Preparation: Whether you’re short on time, flatbread pizza comes to the rescue. Unlike traditional pizza dough, flatbread requires no kneading and often has shorter baking times. It’s the ideal choice for those nights when you need a satisfying meal on the table in a hurry.
- Crispy and Thin Crust: If you’re a fan of thin and crispy crust, flatbread pizza is a dream come true. The thinness allows for quicker cooking, resulting in a delightful crunch that enhances the overall eating experience. It’s a match made in pizza heaven for those who enjoy a lighter, yet satisfying, base.
- Easy Customization: One of the most appealing aspects of flatbread pizza is the ability to customize it to suit your taste buds. Whether you’re a lover of fresh veggies, smoky meats, or a variety of cheeses, you can select the toppings that fancy your palate.
- Perfect for Sharing: Flatbread pizza is a fantastic option for gatherings or family meals. Since flatbread can be easily cut into smaller portions, everyone can enjoy their favorite toppings and create their own personal pizzas. It’s a fun and interactive dining experience that brings people together.
To make this easy and delicious caramelized onion and mushroom flatbread recipe you’ll need a few ingredients that you can get at almost any grocery store or even online!
Here’s what we are working with:
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- white cooking wine
- Boursin cheese (Garlic & Fine Herbs)
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- cherry tomatoes
how to make caramelized onion and mushroom flatbread
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onion until translucent and fragrant; about 2-3 minutes. Add mushrooms, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and white wine to the pan. Cook 6-7 minutes; or until mushrooms and onions are golden brown and soft and liquid has evaporated.
Top flatbread with Boursin cheese (you may want to warm in the microwave a few seconds to make spreadable) and shredded mozzarella cheese. Layer on the onion and mushroom mixture, and cherry tomatoes.
Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Top with arugula.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. It’s definitely one of those recipes worth saving. There’s nothing better than having what looks and tastes like a gourmet meal on the table, but one that saves you time behind the scenes.
Please leave us a star review and comment if you make this delicious and easy flatbread pizza recipe.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free leave them below. I answer every single question as quickly as I can.
Happy cooking! And thanks for being part of our tribe, The Tasteful Tribe!
Easy Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Flatbread Pizza
- SFSugar Free
- 1 flatbread
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 1 (8 oz) package mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp white cooking wine, or chicken broth
- 1 (5.2 oz) box Boursin cheese (Garlic & Fine Herbs)
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 handful arugula, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onion until translucent and fragrant; about 2-3 minutes. Add mushrooms, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and white wine to the pan. Cook 6-7 minutes; or until mushrooms and onions are golden brown and soft and liquid has evaporated.
- Top flatbread with Boursin cheese (you may want to warm in the microwave a few seconds to make spreadable) and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Layer on the onion and mushroom mixture, and cherry tomatoes.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Top with arugula.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag thetastefultribe on instagram @thetastefultribe if you try this easy and gourmet flatbread pizza recipe. We love seeing your version of the recipe! You can also post your pictures to our facebook page!