Crispy and caramelized on the outside, this easy brussel sprouts with apples recipe is glazed with delicious pure maple syrup. This will easily become your new favorite side dish for the cozy season of fall. It is simple recipe for crispy brussel sprouts that you can use in an air fryer or oven.
I will never forget the first time I tried maple apple crispy brussel sprouts. We were at one of our favorite restaurants in North Carolina and our server said they were the best thing on the menu. Now, for me I felt confused on the one hand, but so intrigued on the other…
Is it truly possible for brussel sprouts to be the most sought after item on a restaurant’s menu? I often ate brussel sprouts as a child and I can assure you they were nowhere at the top of my list!
But after giving them a try (and yes, they were THAT good!), I realized the problem. I had been making and eating Brussels the wrong way. The absolute key to crispy brussel sprouts is how finely you dice them.
You want them shredded. This is super important and what makes them so crispy when they bake!
why your whole family will love crispy maple apple brussel sprouts
- Easy to Make
- Crowd-Pleasing Side Dish
- Simple Ingredients
- Minimal Clean-up
- Savory and Sweet Irresistible Flavor
To make these easy and delicious maple apple crispy brussel sprouts you’ll need a few ingredients that you can get at almost any grocery store or even online!
Here’s what we are working with:
- brussel sprouts – finely chopped, either with a slicing blade in a food processor or with a really sharp knife.
- honey crisp apples
- red onion
- maple syrup – pure maple syrup or for a sugar-free version Lakanto’s Maple Flavored Sweetener is great!
- smoked paprika
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- chili pepper flakes
- avocado oil
how to make crispy maple apple brussel sprouts
Preheat your oven or air fryer to 400 degrees F.
Combine all ingredients into a large bowl and stir until well combined.
Place onto a lined baking sheet or air fryer pan; drizzle over avocado oil.
Roast in the oven or air fry at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Give a good stir and continue to cook for another 10-15 minutes; until brussels are crispy.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. It’s definitely one of those recipes worth saving. There’s nothing better than having what looks and tastes like a gourmet dish on the table, but one that saves you time behind the scenes.
Please leave us a star review and comment if you make this delicious, family approved side dish recipe.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free leave them below. I answer every single question as quickly as I can.
Happy cooking! And thanks for being part of our tribe, The Tasteful Tribe!
Maple Apple Crispy Brussel Sprouts (Simple Fall Side!)
- LCLow Carb
- SFSugar Free
- 1 pound brussel sprouts, finely chopped, either with a slicing blade in a food processor or with a really sharp knife.
- 2 honey crisp apples, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1½ tbsp maple syrup
- 1½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and pepper , to taste
- chili pepper flakes, optional, adjust according to your heat preference
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Preheat your oven or air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients, except for avocado oil into a large bowl and stir until well combined.
- Place onto a lined baking sheet or air fryer pan; drizzle over avocado oil.
- Roast in the oven or air fry at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Give a good stir and continue to cook for another 10-15 minutes; until brussels are crispy.
- Let cool for 5 minutes then serve.
- air fryer, optional