Looking for an easy fall dinner idea? Look no further than this pumpkin pasta with Italian sausage, spinach and caramelized onion. The best part? This recipe will take you less than 20 minutes from start to finish and onto the table in no time.
There are so many pumpkin pasta sauces out there that utilize fresh pumpkin and in my pumpkin heart, I want so badly to make one of these sauces…one day. But until I have time, let me introduce you to the most amazing pumpkin pasta sauce out there!
Cucina Antica Tuscany Pumpkin Sauce is by far the best bang for your buck when it comes to fulfilling that sweet yet savory pumpkin craving. This product is gluten free which on its own gives it 5 stars in my book! The pumpkin flavor is very authentic and so smooth tasting with just the right seasonings.
Can I make pumpkin penne with Italian sausage a low carb meal?
This recipe in particular calls for penne pasta, but this pasta sauce would work well on spaghetti squash, zoodles (zucchini noodles) or even Carba-nada Pasta – this sauce is just so good no matter which route you decide to take!
Ingredients for pumpkin penne with Italian sausage
Here’s what we are working with for this recipe in particular. Remember, this recipe is so forgiving and so flexible. So any one of these things can be substituted or removed. Now the only constant here is that Cucina Antica Tuscany Pumpkin Sauce!
- Italian Sausage – This can be substituted with TVP (textured vegetable protein) for a more vegan version.
- Sweet Peppers
- Red Onion
- Penne Pasta
This recipe makes an excellent fall meal and will have your entire family wanting more! Let us know if you make this recipe, share it and tag @thetastefultribe. Your love and support is what keeps us going!
Pumpkin Penne with Italian Sausage
- 1 16 ounce package penne pasta
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 4 sweet peppers (any color), diced, any color, diced
- 1 8 ounce bag fresh spinach
- 1 25 ounce jar pumpkin pasta sauce – Cucina Antica Tuscany Pumpkin Sauce
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted water according to package directions for al dente.
- In a large skillet, brown Italian sausage over medium-high heat, breaking it into pieces as it cooks, about 8 minutes. Transfer cooked sausage to a plate lined with a paper towel and set aside.
- Add olive oil to pan and sauté garlic powder, Italian seasoning with red onion, peppers and spinach, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes.
- Return heat to medium-high. Add pumpkin sauce and salt & pepper to taste. Return crumbled browned sausage to pan and toss with pasta. Top with parmesan cheese if desired.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag thetastefultribe on instagram @thetastefultribe if you try this quick and easy pumpkin penne and Italian sausage recipe. We love seeing your version of the recipe! You can also post your pictures to our facebook page!