Tasty chipotle and tequila flavored pulled pork makes these carnitas a true fiesta for your taste buds. This easy slow cooker meal will up your normal taco routine and move this chipotle tequila carnitas recipe to número uno in terms of zest and simplicity.
We take Taco Tuesdays around here very seriously. Probably our favorite recipe is this one which gives you that sweet and smoky flavor in every single bite thanks to one of my favorite combinations: chipotle chili seasoning and tequila – could life get any better?
And the best part? You are just throwing everything in a crockpot and letting it do all the work. This recipe takes less than 10 minutes to prep, making it perfect for an easy weeknight meal or a great weekend dinner that will fill your house with all the wonderful smells.
So here it is and all its glory prior to cooking. We will now cook this on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours – that’s it and it’s ready to go! We love to serve this with warmed tortillas or over a salad. This chipotle tequila pulled pork always makes incredibly delicious leftovers!
To make this easy crockpot carnitas recipe, you’ll need a few ingredients that you can get at almost any grocery store or even online.
Here’s what we are working with:
- pork butt (aka pork shoulder) roast, We use ButcherBox pork
- chipotle chili seasoning
- smoked paprika
- lime juice
- cilantro leaves
- tortillas, almond flour or corn
is crockpot carnitas a low carb dish?
Overall, this is a low carb recipe. To substitute the honey in the recipe, use a tablespoon of brown sugar sweetener instead. You can choose to make this sans tacos and simply opt for a salad, it’s delicious either way! Trader Joe’s makes fabulous almond flour tortillas and also the 365 brand from Amazon are also amazing. Simply fry them up in a skillet for a few minutes on each side and you will find yourself in low carb taco love.
Can I meal prep chipotle tequila pulled pork tacos?
These chipotle tequila pulled pork tacos make one simply delectable and easy meal prep! This recipe will be enough for 4 meal prep containers with one or 2 almond flour tacos in each. There’s something about the booze and zest, that after a day or two – these chipotle tequila tacos are tastier than ever! I added Aldi’s spicy guacamole and bean salad to my meal prep. It was absolutely amazing!
Enjoy! We hope you enjoy this simple slow cooker carnitas recipe as much as our little tribe has time and time again. Please leave us a star review and comment if you enjoyed this recipe!
Slow Cooker Chipotle Tequila Carnitas
- LCLow Carb
- SFSugar Free
- Place the pork butt in a slow cooker.
- Coat all sides with chipotle chili seasoning, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Using your hands, with gloves, to make sure the seasonings are rubbed into the meat.
- Pour in the tequila (be as generous as you wish!), drizzle over the honey and lime juice. Top with half of the cilantro.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Using a fork, reach into the slow cooker and pull the pork apart.
- Once the pork is shredded inside the crockpot, prepare the tacos.
- Spoon the pork into warmed tortillas and top with the other half of cilantro and fresh lime slices. Serve with avocados, rice or side salad. I made a black bean and corn salad and topped with a creamy chipotle ranch dressing.
- 1 slow cooker
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag thetastefultribe on instagram @thetastefultribe if you try this easy slow cooker chipotle tequila pulled pork tacos recipe. We love seeing your version of the recipe! You can also post your pictures to our facebook page!