This low carb taco bake is loaded with all of your Mexican favorites! It’s easy to assemble, made in one skillet and ready to go in no time. Make these easy one skillet taco bake for a quick and delicious weeknight dinner!
If there is one thing I’m constantly on the look out for is one skillet, one pot recipes. hands down, some of the best tasting recipes I’ve ever made; and they are simple. We love simple.
This one skillet taco bake makes a quick and easy weeknight meal and one of our favorites for Taco Tuesday!
Can I make this cheesy one skillet taco bake low carb?
Alone, this taco bake is a low carb dish. It’s satisfying by itself but I love the addition of the fried tortillas to jazz it up a bit. I used low carb tortillas which I highly recommend crisping up prior to putting them into the skillet. I find these Fit&Active Low Carb Tortillas from Aldi to be a really great addition to this pure taco deliciousness! You can also choose to make this cheesy taco bake without the tortillas and sub in pork rinds for the same texture and crispness throughout.
This recipe took me less than 20 minutes to put together. It would be an excellent weeknight meal and one that the whole family can enjoy. We just love everything and anything when it comes to tacos. We certainly hope you enjoy this cheesy one skillet taco bake as much as our little tribe has!
Cheesy One Skillet Taco Bake
- LCLow Carb
- SFSugar Free
- 3 low carb tortillas, skillet warmed and ripped into quarters
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef , I recommend ButcherBox Ground Beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, any color, chopped
- 2 tbs taco seasoning
- 1 can black soy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup your favorite kind of salsa
- 1 cup Tex-Mex cheese blend, shredded
- Toppings: sour cream, salsa, avocado, chopped green onions, cilantro. (optional, to taste and preference)
- Add about 1 tablespoon olive oil to a cast iron skillet. Brown the tortillas and set aside on a plate.
- Add the ground beef, onion, and pepper to a skillet over medium-high heat. Once you've broken the meat and it is beginning to brown, add in the taco seasoning. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until the beef has cooked through.
- Reduce the stove heat to medium and add in the chili magi beans, salsa, and ripped tortillas. Toss gently until the tortillas are folded in and spread out evenly in the skillet.
- Let the skillet heat through for about 2 minutes.
- Top the skillet with the cheese, and transfer it to your oven. Set to broil and leave it go for about 2 minutes, just until the cheese gets nice and bubbly and browned, be sure to watch carefully so it does not burn.
- Serve immediately with desired toppings. Enjoy!
- 1 skillet
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag thetastefultribe on instagram @thetastefultribe if you try this easy one skillet taco bake recipe. We love seeing your version of the recipe! You can also post your pictures to our facebook page!